Cheap Decor Tips.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So I know you have all been seeing me go on and on about the Parade House and are really sick of it! But it seems like it's all I have done for months! The good news it that I see the light at the end of the tunnel and we will be done today! YIPPEE! Along the way there have been many design obstacles, there always are, so I thought today I would share one and how with a little brain storming at midnight turned a drab piece into a brilliant one!

The master bed is one of my favorite room thus far, but we had to use the homeowners bed set that just wasn't quite right. It had these dark slate tiles inset in the wood but our room was all different tones of white and cream so it just felt heavy.
So I taped it off and mixed silver paint with a metallic glaze, and painted it on.

This way we would still have the texture of the stone but a softer look.

Added some crystal knobs for more reflection

And now we have the perfect pieces for the room and all for super cheap!

Come check out the space! I think this room is so romantic and sexy! I swear its way better in person and not my camera phone :(

Cheers,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot