Fresh, Fake, or the other dried shit.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

So I was working with a new client the other day, her name will be anonymous...lets just say that her home need quite an overhaul. She proceeded to ask what I would do first and before I could catch myself I blurted out "get rid of all fake floral and dried shit." It was a reflex I swear it! She said, "than what do you put in your vases?" Well....it's a simple question right? Not really. My thoughts are, nothing, a vase should either hold fresh floral or stand alone in it's beauty. It made me question how often I have fresh floral in my home or how many of us have potted house plants and can keep them alive?
I have an orchid that I love, but I  am certain if I go much further, lives will be lost.



{via}

Orchids are pretty easy, they can go for long periods when I forget to water them, they seem pretty happy as long as they have a sunny spot. And in a beautiful vase or dish make a sophisticated statement.
But is that it for me???
What other options are out there for a lady such as myself?

this.



{via}

or this.


maybe that.


really.


I want to add the luxury, but am I committed to keeping it alive? I will probably cry if I kill it. Just saying.

My daughter is bugging to build one of these. So we are. The plants will be in her hands. Best wishes.

Pray for fairies.


You?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot