Christina Jervey Jewelry // Plus a Q&A

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


I am beyond words excited to share my little posty post today. Not only do I get to sport some beautiful handcrafted jewelry by Christina Jervey, but I have a fun Q&A with the charming artist herself.  I am obsessed with how all her designs feel so organic and the beautiful gold. If you haven't see her work I am going to share my favorite picks, but I suggest you see all of them on her site.

Lets start with the romantic Love Knot Ring. I can't get enough delicate little rings to stack on my fingers. This one is no exception and the sentiment is even better!




I am always a sucker for the unexpected and Shark Tooth Studs are the perfect rough edge to any feminine ensemble. I seriously wear these with everything!




Now for the really fun part. Who wants to get to know Christina a little bit better? Warning....this Q&A will make you like her even more and have to go buy her jewelry.


A: What is your favorite piece you have designed?
C: I love creating wedding/engagement bands. There is nothing more symbolic than this piece of jewelry. It is such a great feeling knowing that my work is representative of a bond between two people.  In particular I love my husbands band and all that it represents. It’s a wide shaped cigar band, textured and accented with a small cross.

A: What other Designers inspire you? Why?
C: In the jewelry realm there are a few goldsmiths that stick out from the rest. Todd reed is incredibly talented, and I love his use of raw diamonds. Polly Wales is another that inspires. She has perfected casting precious stones, and I absolutely love the molten organic look of this technique. This is the next skill I would like to master!

A: Who would you be over the moon to be seen wearing your designs?
C: As much as I would love to see Gwyneth Paltrow or a famous celebrity wearing my jewelry, I’m so excited when I see my designs on a day-to-day basis. Real people that get the quality and uniqueness of my work!

A: What is your greatest extravagance?
C: I love going to Vail to ski with my family!


I kinda feel like we should be BFF's, I need another artistic friend in my life! Go see her full line here. Thanks for the lovely babbles, they are the creme de la creme! Xoxo.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot