Exploring Utah // Mystic Hot Springs

Thursday, March 3, 2016

This last weekend the Mr. and I decided to be adventurous and go visit some hot springs a little over an hour from us. I packed up a picnic and extra blankets to stay overnight...you never know what the accommodations are like when you're being spontaneous. Wink, wink.






The place is called Mystic Springs and they are located in Monroe Utah. Let me be clear, there is NOTHING there but old houses and farmers. The actual grounds of Mystic look semi like a scene from The Walking Dead, so erry to explore and imagine what it was like. I'm sure in its day it was quite the hang out.






Once you wander up to the hill, all of the antique tubs are fed by the mineral springs. There are 6 tubs in total....big enough to fit a couple people each. 







There is a large pool about 3ft deep on the lower level that can hold several more people. I would suggest that if you did plan to stay the night, camp or bring and RV....the bathrooms are equally scary. Don't say I didn't warn you! But in all seriousness the hot tubs and the views are amazing, worth the visit. 


My goal this year is to visit all of Utah's Hot Springs...up next will be Meadow Springs!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot