Drapes 101

Monday, July 26, 2010

One of my biggest pet peaves in design is SHORT DRAPES! So when I saw this post on one of my favorite bolgs I had to share it.




The proper ways to do curtains is as follows:


Brushing the floor: Structured Style


Positives: Gives off a clean cut and tailored room. No fuss!

Negatives: If you have problem floors then the crisp cut of the curtain will call attention to your uneven floor.



Breaking the Floor: Relaxed and Glam!


Positives: Gives your room a softer look. My favorite part about it is that it’s forgiving of imperfect measuring.

Negatives: Because your curtain panel will be 1 or 2” on the floor some may be nervous that it will get dirty easier.


Pooling at the Floor: Lush! ( This is my favorite)



Positives: Gives off a romantic feel with 2 plus inches on the floor.

Negatives: Same as with breaking the floor. Plus due to all of the extra floor you will not notice any sort of moulding/trim on the floor.


Here is a great sketch of the looks featured above by I dream of drapery:





Floor Length = Brushing the Floor  



                                                     Trouser Length= Breaking the Floor



                                                    Pooling at the Floor = Puddle Length




Cheers~
A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot