10th day of Christmas Traditions with Jade.

Thursday, December 23, 2010



One of my favorite things Jade does on her blog, is her Monday Musings...they never seem to disappoint. I have a file saved just for all the great quotes she puts up :) When I met her she just had such a kind heart, you know how you can just feel that??? Jade truly is a doll.

The holidays are filled with tradition, new and old. My favorite holiday tradition is one I kind of created for myself a few years ago.
Our local Panera Bread puts up a tree every year with gift tags that you choose and all the toys purchased go to a local charity, The Children's Cancer Center.

                                          






                                                      

I always pick a tag off the tree and try to make one child's Christmas wish come true.  It is so easy in the hustle and bustle of the holidays to get caught up and this tradition of giving back helps me realize how blessed I am to have a healthy child.  I hope that my daughter carries on this tradition as she gets older and realizes how important it is to think about others during the holiday season.

Thanks Amanda for featuring my Christmas tradition! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with their loved ones!!
See I told you Jade is always doing kind things for others...I hope I can emulate her a little more this Holiday! Thanks Jade!  A little birdy told me next up is a "sparrow".







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot