11th day of Christmas Traditions with Jenna.

Friday, December 24, 2010


My oh my, do I love this next guest! I was lucky enough to get to meet her at a blogger social a couple weeks ago...Jenna Rix is so adorable and talented, I even love her last name! The only bummer is I could have been lucky enough to have her live so close to me in Southern Utah, but alas she had other obligations to take care of :( Some day soon! In the mean time I will read her blog daily, as should you.
Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember has meant my mom’s homemade clam chowder. This tradition started in the home where I grew up and has followed our family all over the world. Showing resilience, as all traditions should, the clam chowder dinner has gone clam-less before {my mom will never live that year down}. It has served up crowds to include friends and neighbors to the bursting point of small apartments. It has also been quietly enjoyed by family gathering together with talk of other places in an array of time zones enjoying the same meal, commiserating in this sweet tradition.

This year with my parents off in the wilds of Africa and my brother in Korea with his family; my grandparents and I will find ourselves in their kitchen nook enjoying our clam chowder {easy on the potatoes, for grandpas diabetes} and will most likely be followed with a round or three of rummy cube, another tradition for another story. The best thing about family tradition is the part that brings us together time and again. Who knows where the clam chowder dinner will find us all next year, but it will always be shared with those we love. Merry Christmas!

That just sounds decedent! I do believe FOOD is my favorite holiday tradition! Come back tomorrow for our last tradition and the start of a great new year.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So many fun traditions!!! Wishing you and yours a fantastic Christmas full of food, fun, and family! (c:

    http://loveallthingsbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family all the best, Happy Holidays x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot