Guest Post!

Monday, September 24, 2012

We have a guest blogger today!
So excited to have my girl Traci here from Traci Zeller Designs!
to share the behind the scenes of 

I meet Traci a few years back and she has always been a doll. She also has twin boys and shares the greatest tips to decorating with kids! Love her!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Describe your space in 3 words
cozy, chic and organized 




~What inspires you most in your space?
I love my stash of fabric memos in wire baskets!   Something about them just makes me happy.  I've played with different ways of organizing my fabric memos, and I think this one is going to stick.  

 ~What time of day do you usually blog at? 
I usually blog at night.  I'm a night owl, mainly because it's the only time I have the house completely to myself!  

 ~What kind of attire do you usually rock? Sweats/Pj's Jeans and a tee, Workout clothes etc…. 
You will so find me in my PJs and probably a fleece pullover.  I tend to be cold, so I make myself warm and cozy! 

~Is your space overly organized or a total mess?
Well, it's fairly organized, but if I'm in the middle of a big project or my kiddos have been building Legos, total mess may be more accurate.  ;-) 

 ~Do you like to jam out while blogging? To who?
If I'm in the living room, I'm usually blogging to some combination of the television (depending on what my husband is watching) or iTunes.  Is it dorky to say that I am obsessed with the music from Glee?  I have always loved show tunes, so I'm pretty crazy about how they reinterpret everything from pop to country to Broadway.   If I'm in my office, I alternate between working in silence or cranking up iTunes again.  



~If your space had a signature scent what would it be?
                  Voluspa Crisp Champagne.  It is the only candle that I burn to the bottom and replace!     

 ~Why did you start your blog?
~Where do you see it and you in 5 years?
I started my blog as a way to share my work in words and pictures ... but I continue because I love it!  

Hmmmm ... five years.  It's so hard to even think about that.  My twin boys will be in double digits!  I expect I'll still be designing and blogging -- although who knows what blogging will mean then -- and hopefully enjoying every passing day. I'll be over halfway through my time raising my boys!  Can you tell I'm a little traumatized about sending them to kindergarten in a couple short weeks?  

~Favorite memory good or bad that came from blogging.
Blogging has opened the door to so many opportunities that it is impossible to pick just one.  But early in my blogging days, I attended a Bloggers' Breakfast hosted by Hickory Chair.  I didn't know what to expect, but when Suzanne Kasler, Thomas O'Brien, and Alexa Hampton gave us a personal tour around the showroom, well, I thought I had died and gone to design heaven.  Heaven, I tell you.  That was the first time I really understood how many doors that blogging could open!  I I also was fortunate enough to meet several bloggers who have been such good friends over the years -- Shay Geyer and Franki Durbin in particular.  


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, Amanda! I love reading about what inspires other designers and bloggers, so it was a special treat to share as part of such a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Traci and always find where she is blogging to read! This was a great post! Thank you for sharing! PS LOVE your site! Best, Ann McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great desk...love the frames and ghost chair. Will click on over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post- so fun to hear about other blogger's experiences/lives etc...such a great community!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stark ghost chairs you have there. (That rhymed!)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot