A Cozy Holiday // Home Depot Style Challenge

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

You. Guys.
I am pretty dang excited about this little reveal here. When Home Depot asked me to be part of their Style Challenge I did cartwheels and that awesome little dance that the pro footballers do on a touchdown. What??? I was stoked. Anytime I get to decorate it's a good time.

The elves from The Home Depot assigned me a Holiday Mantle, and sent three mystery boxes to play with. You can see why this was pretty exciting right? It was time to get busy.

Ya'll know I adore vintage items so I knew I had to find a way to style my mantel with a collection of vintage and new items. Maybe a little bit of a rustic glam holiday?



Don't you just love a mixed collection of brass candlesticks? I couldn't hunt down enough thrifting so I mixed in a few modern white candlesticks too. The Martha Stewart faux garland is very realistic, next best thing to real one and less sticky. I tied together vintage trim from Paris to make a simple garland. Ooh La La.

The box of white ornaments that came in my mystery box was a keeper! I love all the patterns and soft sparkle. Hung on just one side they were the perfect pop of new.


Even holiday decor needs a bit of the unexpected...lighting up the Texas Long Horn seemed fun with these LED twinkle lights I ordered here from HD online. They're bendy too so you can mold them onto anything!





All cozy fireplaces should be stacked with metallic wood right? For all the deets on how to build this little number pop over tomorrow for the DIY. 


There are a lot of hard edges around my fireplace but by adding several pillows from the Home Decorators I was able to make the spot feel a bit more snuggly. Now I can sip my cider and eat doughnuts...while reading more design books. Don't be jealous...you can come over too!




Huge thanks to the Home Depot crew for involving me in such an epic project! It's been such fun to work with all their amazing decor items. And, the oh so helpful Brittany from for taking all the pics. Now I bet your all wanting a break down and links to where you to can get all this good stuff...yay?
LED Twinkle Lights
LED Garland By Martha Stewart 
White Ornament Collection
Joy Pillow
Scallop Pillows
LED Wax Candles
Photobucket

1 comment:

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot