Round Me Casa: Food Addition

Wednesday, March 20, 2013


I know this is not a food blog and I am not a trained chef, but I am about to keep it real.
The good the bad and the ugly embarassing.
 I know I am never going to get the Mother of the year award, but things have gotten pretty pathetic around here.
I mean I am pretty sure that if I don't do some grocery shopping asap people are going to start dropping like flies.

We have all had the oh S*** moment when you realize you have nothing planned for dinner yay?
Last night I was there.
Only due to my lack of shopping and my refusal to make one more trip to town this is what was lurking in the fridge.


A whole lot of nothing.
 Some baking soda and an olive tray.
Meager.
Hey, this a judge free zone.
I am being real.

Mamas got to get creative.


There were a few condiments.
Maybe I could make some pasta rolls?
Pretty sure we have a can of pasta sauce lying around the pantry.


Snap we are in biznazzz.

Browned up the turkey and garlic.
Drained.
Added chopped spinach {gotta squeeze in a veggie} till it wilted.
I do have spices so in went oregano, parsley, and basil...about 1 Tsp of all.



Beat two egg whites and added two cups cottage cheese.
Plus two TBS Parm. and Fetta cheese.
Tossed that in with browned turkey.

Cooked up 9 whole grain lasagna noodles.
{Do I get points for the wholegrain?}
Spread my mix and rolled those suckers up!


I used my fancy 8x8 pan with a little sauce in the bottom.
Poured the remaining sauce over top added extra cheese and covered with foil.


375 degrees 40 minutes until bubbly! 
Voila!



I impressed myself on this one.
Really tasty to boot.
I even used left over cibatta bread to make garlic ranch toast.
You kinda want the word on that one to huh?


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Amanda!! So impressed! You are so creative and it looks yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh hello yes you are mom of the year! I'm not a mom yet but I would have certainly given up and settled on Mickey Dee's!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are priceless...thank you.

Designed by Tittle + Jot Tittle & Jot